Protecting the confidentiality of your nonpublic personal information is of paramount importance to KGS-Alpha Capital Markets LP ("KGS-Alpha"). As such, KGS-Alpha maintains high industry standards in protecting and safeguarding such nonpublic personal information.
To what does this Online Privacy Statement apply?
This Online Privacy Statement applies to the personal information that we collect from or about you via this KGS-Alpha Web site (this "Site"). This Site may contain links to other web sites, and this Online Privacy Statement does not apply to those sites. If you link to any of those sites, we recommend that you review their privacy policies. If we materially change our privacy policies or practices, we will also change this Online Privacy Statement to notify you of such changes.
What personal and technical information do we collect via this Site?
This Site will collect personal information that you voluntarily provide, such as your name, address, telephone number or e-mail address. This Site may collect information on what country you are accessing this Site from; information on which pages within this Site you visit; and certain technical information regarding your computer and operating systems, such as your Internet protocol address, domain name and system configurations and settings. We will not know who you are unless you tell us.
How does KGS-Alpha use, share and secure the information collected via this Site?
- KGS-Alpha collects nonpublic personal information from the following sources:
- Applications, forms or other communications, including electronic communications (such as name, address, e-mail address, telephone number, Social Security Number, assets, and income);
- Transactions with KGS-Alpha, their financial organizations, or others;
- Nonaffiliated third parties, such as consumer or credit reporting agencies (such as credit worthiness and credit history), joint marketing partners, or other entities who may service your account from time to time;
- Visits to our web sites
- KGS-Alpha may use personal information in order to operate our business in a prudent manner in accordance with industry standards and applicable law, which may include to service and maintain accounts and transactions; offer a broad range of services and products; to verify income and assets; respond to inquiries and requests; prevent fraud; monitor and archive communications; and to verify your identity in accordance with USA PATRIOT ACT.
- KGS-Alpha may disclose or share nonpublic personal information about its customers to its affiliates, such as banks, investments managers, mortgage lenders, technology service providers and securities broker-dealers, in order for its affiliates to provide and service accounts and transactions, such as data processing, loan servicing. This may, where permitted by local law, including archiving your personal information in a jurisdiction other than your own, which may not have equivalent data protection laws.
- KGS-Alpha may also share personal information with government agencies, exchanges, or other self regulatory organizations and law enforcement authorities as required or permitted by law, rule, or regulation.
- KGS-Alpha does not sell or rent personal information. KGS-Alpha may disclose or share personal information about its customers to nonaffiliated third parties with whom it has contracted to perform services on its behalf, such as printing, mailing, fraud prevention, technology providers, and processing services, as well as your nonaffiliated financial organization, which has a clearing agreement with KGS-Alpha. These nonaffiliated third parties are required to protect the confidentiality and security of this information and use it only in accordance as contractually agreed upon or instructed by KGS-Alpha. KGS-Alpha may also disclose nonpublic personal information about its customers as permitted or required by law.
- KGS-Alpha does not disclose nonpublic personal information about former customers, except as permitted or required by law.
How does KGS-Alpha protect your personal information?
- Internal data security policies restrict access to nonpublic personal information to authorized associates. KGS-Alpha maintains physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards that are designed to comply with federal standards to guard nonpublic personal information. Associates who violate these polices are subject to disciplinary action, up to and including termination.
- KGS-Alpha trains and educates our employees in the handling and safeguarding of personal information in accordance with applicable laws, rules, and regulations.
Privacy of Institutional Client Information.
Under Regulation S-P, a "consumer" or a "customer" must be an individual. Therefore a client that is not an individual, such as an institutional client, is neither a consumer nor a customer of the Firm for purposes of Regulation S-P. As such, the substantive provisions of Regulation S-P do not apply to the Firm clients that are not individuals. In addition, the Firm is not required to provide initial or annual privacy notices to its institutional clients. Although information pertaining to these clients is not covered by Regulation S-P, the Firm respects the private information of all of its clients and, as a practical matter, Firm employees will take appropriate steps to safeguard the confidentiality of confidential information pertaining to all clients, including pension plan and other institutional clients.